Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Richmire
Starting Member

USA
1 Posts

Posted - August 20 2004 :  4:55:10 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Click to see Richmire's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Does anyone have any creative ideas for sales? group bookings, packages, anything. We are running out of ideas.

Thank you in advance,

James & Jodena Richmire

Everett City Center
Travelodge
Everett, WA USA

qwerty
Starting Member

18 Posts

Posted - August 30 2004 :  12:38:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Try offering package deals. Rent the conference room, refreshments for free.

Go to Top of Page

hospire
Starting Member

5 Posts

Posted - February 19 2005 :  03:42:44 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Reply with Quote
What do you have to offer to advertise? What kind of competition are you competing with? Locally? Regionally? What does/can your company and direct location sets you apart from the rest? What kind of community sponsorships are available that could in turn advertise and promote you as well as giving your company a positive reputation? Look for win:win situations and broaden the box of opportunities in your setting. Giving government employees discounts on business travel if applicable is big.
Go to Top of Page

George
Starting Member

Canada
2 Posts

Posted - February 21 2005 :  4:35:36 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Visit George's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Richmire

Does anyone have any creative ideas for sales? group bookings, packages, anything. We are running out of ideas.

Thank you in advance,

James & Jodena Richmire

Everett City Center
Travelodge
Everett, WA USA

Go to Top of Page

George
Starting Member

Canada
2 Posts

Posted - February 21 2005 :  4:50:24 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Visit George's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

Thank you in advance,

James & Jodena Richmire

Everett City Center
Travelodge
Everett, WA USA

Hello,

I was doing some research on the www.ahla.com web site and came across your positing. I have an idea for you, it may not be traditional, but it could help you book more rooms and you could take the idea to corporate head office and look like stars.

I am the Sales Manager @ Prime message, we have developed an SMS (2 way mobile phone text messaging) bookig and reservation application. Basically it allows you to market your deals, specials, packages directly to your customers (whether they are steady customers, or they've stayed with you once) on their mobile phone. Your customers can respond back and actually book their room(s) on the spot with this service, without phoning or using the Internet.

Another major benefit is that once a client has booked a room with you we send them an SMS confirmation to their phone with all the important information they need for their stay, like room number, confirmation number, hotel address, hotel phone number, drections to the hotel. This eliminates the need to print off or write down booking info and carry it with you when travelling.

You can see more info at www.primemessage.com, or I'd be happy to speak to you directly at 416-505-5097 in Toronto, Canada. We are marketing to various Hotel's in our area but eventually I will also be targeting the large International hotel chains like...Travelodge.
Cheers,
George
Go to Top of Page

Andrea
Starting Member

USA
3 Posts

Posted - March 05 2005 :  1:17:21 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Click to see Andrea's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Have you ever tried fax pops. In our area we have a really good chamber of commerce. Because our hotel is a member we get a list of the chamber members fax numbers. We make a nice looking add or special with a program like creat-a-card and then we fax it to all the members to the employees attention. If you would like an example drop me a line and I can email you what we are doing for easter. It seems to help us hopefully it helps you. I am a college student who was given the sales department responsibility, so I am kind of new at this. Any ideas you have used would help us greatly.
Best of luck!
Andrea

Andrea Smith
Go to Top of Page

hospire
Starting Member

5 Posts

Posted - March 11 2005 :  02:31:50 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Reply with Quote
My first reply was in context to the demographics within the area of your location. Re-evaluating current demographics to identify target markets is an essential marketing tool and imperitive to any creative marketing ideas.
Go to Top of Page

vboland03
Starting Member

USA
2 Posts

Posted - July 12 2007 :  5:38:22 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Reply with Quote
Have you tried your local real estate companies for conferences? Airport ads, professional journals?
Go to Top of Page

scm21st
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - July 15 2007 :  12:46:51 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Reply with Quote
How about renting out your banquet rooms for Texas Hold em' tournaments or sports watch parties. There a large segment of soccer fans in this country that find it hard to see the big games over in Europe. Make your hotel the HQ for watching this games.. and set up your bar!
Go to Top of Page

willmag
New Poster

USA
44 Posts

Posted - August 21 2007 :  12:54:33 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Visit willmag's Homepage  Send willmag an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I have a list of what I call Back Yard Prospecting. Little things to do locally that can generate room-nights.
Contact me and I will e-mail the list to you.

Will Maguire, CHA

1- Do What Ever It Takes To Make The Guest Happy
2- Do What You Need To Do To Make The Hotel Look Good
3- Don't Do Anything To Hurt The Hotel

http://x-cellentguestservice.blogspot.com/
http://www.freewebs.com/borderlandhosp/
Go to Top of Page

Kitty2go
Starting Member

USA
3 Posts

Posted - September 29 2007 :  9:42:57 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Visit Kitty2go's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Find pet friendly organizations and allow them to do pet shows or pet related conferences at your hotel. Then log onto www.kitty2go.com and sell them the worlds best disposable litter box for traveling pet lovers and make a great margin at it!!

Angelina M. Cortez
President
Kitty2Go!, Inc
P.O. Box 370307
Decatur, Georgia 30037
Go to Top of Page

romeo
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - May 15 2008 :  10:41:55 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Visit romeo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Offer your conference room free of charge for meeting if staying at least 2 nights. Offer a free ride to and from the airport. Have you tried getting a press release from the local newspaper?

Romeo
http://romanceexpressions.com/1-travel.php
Go to Top of Page

jenniferedwards
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - October 14 2008 :  07:00:26 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Reply with Quote
In order to increase sales many issues are to be looked of, One of them is the nature of your business, the customer segment you are targeting, the competitors you are facing and above the resources and the technology you are using to boost your sales. The more innovative things you do the more cluster of clients you get

http://www.goldensandsdubai.com/
Go to Top of Page

waqas1122
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - October 14 2008 :  07:18:49 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Visit waqas1122's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well Increasing sale is always tricky issue to deal with, we have to peep into a number attributes and criteria,First the offering you are providing to customers must be individualized and innovated, personalization is one of the most imp issue to increase sales, you can offer free facilities like free spa, free ride to near by market and many more like this. Capture firmographics segments and its the best to increase ROI

http://www.realestatepropertypoint.com/
http://www.funrocker.com/song-pk.html
Go to Top of Page

waqas1122
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - January 25 2009 :  03:23:09 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Visit waqas1122's Homepage  Reply with Quote
why 123456 is sending empty messages . Plz stop spamming in this usefull message board

http://www.realestatepropertypoint.com/
http://www.funrocker.com/song-pk.html
Go to Top of Page

Old Admin (Cranium)
Forum Admin

USA
42 Posts

Posted - January 26 2009 :  08:49:48 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Visit Old Admin (Cranium)'s Homepage  Reply with Quote
Member 123456 has been taken care of. Sorry for the clutter.

Richard Garrett
Forum Administrator

American Hotel & Lodging Association
Go to Top of Page

simrnz
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - February 01 2009 :  11:40:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit simrnz's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Don't ever try to pull off your prospective customers by telling them you don't have time for them. Instead treat them individually to ensure you're there for them. Even if you're damn bussy at the time they call you; don't hang up the phone immediately saying, I'm bussy call me later, istead you can say how about if I give you a call some other time till then I'll be able to prepare a sample report according to your budget, ect.

Funny Stuff Mobile Messages
Go to Top of Page

superiorlighting
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - April 28 2009 :  8:38:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit superiorlighting's Homepage  Reply with Quote
have you tried marketing your property as a "green" energy efficient property? there are many green lodging programs out there - I know that here at www.superiorlighting.com we have worked with many hotels to improve their light bulbs and energy efficiency as it pertains to hotel lighting and our clients have saved money and attracted new clientele and publicity.
Go to Top of Page

HotelSalesSuperStar
Starting Member

USA
11 Posts

Posted - August 03 2009 :  02:04:33 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Visit HotelSalesSuperStar's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi there!
You really need to go check out my website - especially for hotel sales managers:

http://www.HotelSalesSuperStar.com

http://www.HotelSalesSuperStar.com
Go to Top of Page

pippo
Starting Member

10 Posts

Posted - September 10 2009 :  04:32:19 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Visit pippo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Do not slash prices, try to offer what your guests like within the "standard rate", something that is not giving you much revenues when offered as an optional service and not costing much either.
- Internet free usage from rooms, ethernet socket and/or wifi.
- A business room with computer/internet usage and printing facility (include at least an hour free usage per day based on availability).
- Luggage room free for 24hrs after check out.
- Extended breakfast time (should I wake up earlier than I would like to just to have the breakfast?).
- 24hrs self service food that can be taken in the room or eaten in the lounge/bar. Learned from Citizen M, a nice assortment of ready made and sealed salads, fruits, beverages, bread, pastries ready for guests all times of the day and night. Your food selection should suit your guests tastes. Of coures this would not come free, actually a good revenues generator!!
- Advertise well all of the above
Good luck
Hotel Keepers
Go to Top of Page

jfslenes
New Poster

28 Posts

Posted - September 17 2009 :  10:44:09 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Visit jfslenes's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Anyone trying social media or blogs? Any suggestions for improved viewership? Here's our blog - http://talkabouttaostourism.blogspot.com/

John Invites you to
Taos
Talk About Taos Tourism
Go to Top of Page

Salez
Starting Member

USA
3 Posts

Posted - October 25 2009 :  8:41:05 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Reply with Quote
I am the DOS for an 82U all suite hotel in West Memphis, AR. Try giving out Shoes as a door stop with a tag on it that says "Wanted to get my foot in the door" Catch the decision makers attention
quote:

Thank you in advance,

James & Jodena Richmire

Everett City Center
Travelodge
Everett, WA USA

Go to Top of Page

Salez
Starting Member

USA
3 Posts

Posted - October 25 2009 :  8:43:43 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Reply with Quote
Do you have a golf course in town? Get a golf package that requires 2 night stay - includes 9 or 18 hole package from the local golf course.
quote:
Originally posted by Salez

I am the DOS for an 82U all suite hotel in West Memphis, AR. Try giving out Shoes as a door stop with a tag on it that says "Wanted to get my foot in the door" Catch the decision makers attention
quote:

Thank you in advance,

James & Jodena Richmire

Everett City Center
Travelodge
Everett, WA USA

Go to Top of Page

Salez
Starting Member

USA
3 Posts

Posted - October 25 2009 :  8:44:53 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Reply with Quote
Looking for a hotel intern, any suggestions...
Go to Top of Page

abuzar345
Starting Member

Pakistan
1 Posts

Posted - January 27 2010 :  2:10:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit abuzar345's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Always show your courtesy to your customers. Use "target costing principle". It means categorize your product in different prices. Goog,Normal,Cheap. Then by doing this you can target more customers.

http://www.prodailypost.com
http://www.prodailypost.com/category/technology/
Go to Top of Page

Lacour
Starting Member

USA
4 Posts

Posted - February 25 2010 :  6:10:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have to agree with Pippo that you don't want to slash your prices, you want to offer more for the same price. Packages can be great but don't give away the farm on seasonal attractions if you're planning on getting full-up on those bookings either way.

Often times I'll look at a nearby busy market and try to find a leg up on the local competition. Check out this florida hotels page for some ideas of what's working for others in hard markets.

Pug lovers unite!
Is your hotel 'pet friendly'?
Go to Top of Page

RF4L
Starting Member

USA
1 Posts

Posted - April 12 2010 :  6:13:34 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Visit RF4L's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Depending on your current sales and promotion packaging plans and strategies, you could look into popular trends such as girlfriend weekends or vacations. Maybe you could team up with other local events and attractions, such as a marina (Boat shows, races, or courses?), wine tastings (maybe offer a free shuttle service to the wine tasting and back to the hotel), or festivals for promotional purposes.

Also, read what customers are saying about your hotel online. This may be a huge determining factor in whether to stay at your hotel or the one down the road. If the reviews are negative, then work on addressing the issues discussed in the review. You can even respond to some online reviews to let the guest know that you appreciate the feedback and have since addressed their issues. Lots of people are reading reviews and booking hotels online, so make sure to monitor your online reputation as it is one of the first impressions a hotel makes on your guests.

http://www.RestaurantFurniture4Less.com - Offers 50-70% off discounts on restaurant chairs, restaurant furniture, banquet furniture, hotel chairs, and restaurant supplies. Free shipping available for most items.
Go to Top of Page

bweiss
New Poster

USA
35 Posts

Posted - June 19 2010 :  9:30:47 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Visit bweiss's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have found that passing out business cards at resort locations works very well for my business http://www.vacationpackagestogo.com

Disney World ticket and many other at vacationpackagestogo.com
Go to Top of Page

Hotel
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - August 10 2010 :  08:48:38 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Reply with Quote
I have a creative sales idea for you to consider. Look up your clients in a business social networking site. Their profile will tell you where they’ve previously worked and will also list their contacts. The obvious next step is to ask for an introduction or referral. This creative sales idea should help you pack your funnel with qualified prospects.
I have time for one more creative sales idea. This creative sales idea is a new twist on selling benefits. You may think you know how your product benefits clients but why not find out for sure by interviewing your customers. This information will take your sales process to new heights.
You’ll discover things you’ve never heard from marketing. Next, ask your customer to be a reference for you. Then, put that information to work on your next prospecting cold call. “I’ve increased sales at the BCD Company by 20% in just 30 days and I believe I can do the same for you!” Who can resist an offer like that? This creative sales idea gives life to those benefits and makes them real. I use this sales strategy because sales training isn’t a benefit. The benefit is the 20% increase in sales.
Set yourself free because only free thinkers develop creative sales ideas. Once you start thinking outside the box, you’ll no longer sound and act like every other sales rep.
http://www.differentmed.com/category/travel/

<a href="http://www.differentmed.com/category/travel/"> Motel</a>

Edited by - Hotel on August 10 2010 08:50:00 AM
Go to Top of Page

charmaine70
Starting Member

USA
3 Posts

Posted - August 29 2010 :  2:41:39 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Visit charmaine70's Homepage  Reply with Quote
BEAT YOUR COMP SET...IMMEDIATELY WITH PROVEN HOTEL SALES & MARKETING SECRETS REVEALED. GO TO: http://hotelsalesandmarketingsecrets.weebly.com/

STOP STRUGGLING! HEADS IN BEDS! HEADS IN BEDS! NOW!
Go to Top of Page

bweiss
New Poster

USA
35 Posts

Posted - August 30 2010 :  12:07:32 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Visit bweiss's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We have stopped paying for clicks. Instead we are giving hotel stays away instead. Go to http://www.vacationpackagestogo.com and enter to win a free vacation each and every month. You can enter as often as you like to increase your chances. We are going to have a drawing in 2 days so what are you waiting for and then check on the first to see if you are the winner

Disney World ticket and many other at vacationpackagestogo.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Message Board © American Hotel & Lodging Association Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.31 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000